Thursday 2 July 2015

Rainbow Scrappy Quilt: A pattern

This is just a quick blog post which details the pattern for my recent Rainbow Scrappy Quilt.  My concept of a spectrum is a little looser than other people's, but this worked for me.

You will need 520 2½" squares.  The amounts per colour are as follows:

Red - 42
Orange - 70
Yellow - 81
Light Green - 69
Dark Green - 40
Turquoise - 82
Light Blue - 30
Dark Blue - 54
Indigo - 35
Pink - 17

This shows where to place the squares:
The finished size is: 41½" x 62½".  I suggest you buy backing of 70" x WOF.  This gives you plenty of room for manoeuvre and should leave you with some very usable scraps.  You will need a piece of batting of a similar size.  To bind the quilt you will need 5 strips of fabric, each  2½" x WOF.

I loved making this quilt so much and it has been lovely to receive nice comments about it.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Emmajane... that is great.... I may even get round to making myself one I like yours so much! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine! Thanks for the kind comments on this quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the diagram, I want to give this a try myself.

    ReplyDelete