I struggled to get the quilt photographed as a whole quilt because as I headed outside with the camera it started to drizzle, so I was forced indoors. Essentially it's two large log cabin blocks which are joined with a Manchester United cushion cover I acquired and cut to pieces.
The binding is scrappy binding and is made from the remnants of the red fabrics. I don't use red much so I am glad I made good use of it here because I don't want lots of it hanging around and taking up valuable fabric storage space.
You may have noticed the Manchester United badge which I have appliqued on five times. I would like to say this was always intended and is a design feature, but that would be a lie. I made a couple of stitching mistakes so I used these to cover them up but I think it adds to the overall quilt in the end and makes the front match the back a little more.
Manchester United haven't had much success recently so there has been less for Romeo to celebrate. Here's hoping this puts a smile on his face.