This quilt feels like an achievement. I imagined it on Sunday evening and by Tuesday evening it was finished, and everything (fabrics, wadding, backing, binding) came from my stash. I didn't have to purchase anything extra. Somehow (rather insanely) this makes me think that this quilt was free to make. Who am I kidding?
Anyway, this quilt is following in the footsteps of my other rainbow quilt and other quilts made predominantly with 2½" squares. But I added some 4" strips to make this quilt a bit different and also to reduce the amount of cutting and piecing I would have to do.
Pink has made an appearance in my rainbow again. I think most girls will appreciate this addition. I opted for a low volume backing with light grey flowers and mint green leaves. I found a grey binding which I think makes the colours on the front really stand out. The observant will have noticed that some of my new fabrics from the Festival of Quilts have made it into this quilt. This one quilt now justifies all those purchases!
As this quilt is for a little girl called Poppy I included a couple of Liberty prints with Poppies on them. You can see a couple of them in the photo below:
I opted for some straight line quilting again. I quilted tramlines along all the width seams. I changed the colour to match the rainbow them. I can boast lots of Aurifil threads to make this possible.
Finished dimensions: 41" x 52"
Number of 2½" squares: 140
Number of 4" strips: 7
Approximately 100 different fabrics included (Many thanks to my friend, Amy, who donated 50 or so squares from her stash.)
Thank you for visiting!