I started off making ten log cabin blocks but then I felt that it was just too similar to a recent quilt so I then added the Battenberg blocks. This means that I will be putting those four remaining log cabin blocks into another quilt soon, and there are still a lot of the elephant fabrics left to add to them as well.
For the quilting I kept it simple - tramlines. They're just so speedy, but look good. The binding is a red and white houndstooth, which I think goes really well with some of the elephant red and white check ears. It goes nicely with the red dots on the backing. I acquired this houndstooth fabric only this week. A friend of a friend was getting rid of some fabrics (much of it scraps) and I took a lot of it off her hands (I'm good like that!)
Now I cannot wait to give it to my friend. I meet her little boy on Sunday and I am really excited. I hope she likes the gift.